Sashimi Shoyu Pokebowl
Pronounced 'poh-kay', what's not to love about sliced toppings on brown rice glistening with umami flavoured dressing?
Base: Brown rice
Toppings for pokebowl (serving amount according to preference)
- Lollo rosso and rocket arugula
- Cherry tomotoes
- Fresh sashimi of your choice. We used chuka ikado (seasoned baby octopus)
- Edamame (you can buy these ready served from any Japanese restaurant and can get these in frozen packs.)
- Sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (we used shoyu)
- A squeeze of lime
- Firstly, add cooked brown rice.
- Next, add sliced lollo rosso, rocket arugula, avocado, cherry tomatoes.
- Throw in the sashimi as your protein. We used chuka ikado (seasoned baby octopus).
- Top with edamame beans and toasted sesame seeds.
- Finally, add the dressing to marry all the flavours: 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and a squeeze of lime.
Note: Get fresh sashimi from your favourite Japanese takeaway and edamame can be found at the frozen aisles of most grocers.