Thevi’s Spice Crusted Chickpea Salad
“This is a plate of all things I love, fresh, spiced and light”
- 1 canned chickpeas (about 400g) drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder / 2 cloves garlic made to paste
- 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tsp hot paprika flakes
- Salt & pepper
- Combine the above in a bowl, then in a pan, pan-roast the chickpeas till golden brown. This should take about 5-7 minutes. Season to taste. Set aside and let it cool.
- For the greens, a selection of @boomgrow ‘s kale, arugula and lollo rosso (red coral lettuce); adding thin slices of red onions and chopped red chilis.
- To assemble, place the cooled chickpeas in a bowl adding a few more tablespoons of coconut oil (if the chickpeas appear a little dry). Drizzle some honey (about a tablespoon or so) and gently fold to combine.
- Add the greens ( chopped them into bite-sized pieces) and the other veggies. Gently toss the leaves with the chickpeas.
- To finish, plated and topped with chopped cranberries and crumbles of feta. A burst of flavour in every bite!